Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Exposed

I enter this room
with eyes sewn shut,
finding out the edges of the threads
with fingers rolling desperately,
bleeding tears and perspiration
until I could be open

listening to voices
bodies that have gone before me,
they speak of rock bottom and
awakening.
I see through the stinking fog,
I was already there,
miles beneath the surface.
broken shovels strewn
among the tough surface,
my hands clutch a boring drill.

broken rock
vomits in my face from beneath
I take from stones laid to rest
demanding these spirits speak
powering through the blood
of my ancestors, hungry,
unsatisfied
I chew through rocks
and call it good, noble, worthy.
burning my lips
proud to distance myself from anyone's kiss.
I rake the charred rubble
into a bed.
I fall asleep and dream.

I awake and the smoke has cleared.
and the first quakes emerge
slowly ripping the ground below.
swallow me now, I beg,
earth shredding this rocky bottom
my life crashes in the violence
I pray to find a seed within
to grow from this broken ground

2 comments:

  1. I like the chewing through rock,...that is what this poe feels like...in a good way

    ReplyDelete
  2. "proud to distance myself from anyone's kiss." BIIIIIIIXXXXXTTTCCCHH YES

    ReplyDelete